We've Moved

Turkey Invasion

Yikes! The lastest critters to stop by my yard for a visit were some wild turkeys. These things are huge and creepy looking. I definitely prefer the Butterball variety.

These wild turkeys are pretty bold too. They weren't scared of me at all. They didn't even move when I tried running towards them and shouting about how much I loved deep fried turkeys. I had to frisbee some garbage cans lids their way to get them to fly away.

Let's see, this year we got visits from a Giant Turtle, the Angry Duck, the Baby Bunny and that Corn Loving Squirel.

Hmmm, it might be time to buy big dog to chase all these critters away.

2 Comments:

  1. lisa said...
    Amazing...you seem to get all the same wildlife that I do here in extreme NE Wisconsin-including the snapping turtles! They come up from the river in front of my house to the yard and lay eggs every spring. Usually a raccoon eats the eggs, but if I see where they are, I'll put up a temp. fence until they hatch. Good thing you didn't get too close-they can remove a chunk from any part of a human...bones and all! My turkeys are alot more timid, though-likely due to hunting pressure.
    Anthony said...
    I have a great zoom lens so I wasn't about to get close to that big turtle.

    But I find it very interesting that in your comment you talk about protecting eggs but when I visited your blog, I see a post about bashing up eggs with a meat tenderizer. Very interesting.
    :)

Post a Comment



The Compost Bin - Copyright 2006-2012 No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. | Privacy Policy | Google