We've Moved

Plurk and Twitter

My name is Anthony and I'm a Web 2.0 junkie. Hi Anthony! Yes, if they talk about it on TechCrunch or TWIT, I sign up for it. So not only am I on Twitter, Friendfeed, StumbleUpon, Jaiku, & Pownce, but I've started using another cool new site called Plurk.

Plurk is very similar to Twitter but adds some cool features that make conversations a lot easier. Yesterday Bumblebee and Indygardener were discussing how much better it would be if more Garden Bloggers were on Plurk. If you read a lot of garden blogs, those user names should sound familiar to you.

So if you're into this sort of thing, then go ahead and check it out. And feel free to click this link (CompostMan) and add me as a friend.

People always say things like, "I don't get Twitter" or "Who wants to know what I had for lunch?" but it's not really about that. It's about participating in a nice community. Sort of like a Web 2.0 version of a forum.

I've also included a video of what Plurk is all about from DemoGirl. She shows you how to sign up for and use Plurk. If you haven't seen DemoGirl screencasts before, I highly recommend them.

4 Comments:

  1. Molly said...
    Thanks so much for including my screencast!
    Anthony said...
    Molly,
    Well it wasn't as good as one of my gardening videos but I guess my readers won't mind. :)
    Colleen Vanderlinden said...
    I'm still thinking about it...

    Do I really need yet another web-based distraction in my life? :-)
    Anthony said...
    Colleen,
    I can see by your 50 or so posts on Plurk this morning that you're no longer thinking about it. :)

Post a Comment



The Compost Bin - Copyright 2006-2012 No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. | Privacy Policy | Google