We've Moved

Aerogarden

aerogardenAfter having a fig tree mysteriously jump into my shopping cart the other day, I figured I should walk around some other stores to see if it would happen again. Who knows if the fig tree incident was an isolated case or if this will be happening everywhere I go. So yesterday during my lunch break at the old 9-5, I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond.

aero garden seedsI thought a good test would be to randomly walk around the store and see if the shopping cart was drawn to any particular product. And sure enough, within one minute, I found myself circling the Aerogarden display. Around and around I went, stopping only to take a few pictures with my phone. Would that Aerogarden jump into my cart? Would I be growing salad greens and herbs on my kitchen counter without using any soil.

Sadly, the answer is no. I think the force that makes items jump into my cart is stronger in less expensive items. Although the shopping cart was drawn directly to it, at $150, I could not get the Aerogarden to jump in.

aerogardenAll in all, I’d say it was a successful test. It’s good to know the limits of this strange force that causes me to bring home gardening related products on a regular basis. And even though the Aerogarden didn’t jump in, I’ll be okay because I’ll be growing salad greens and herbs in my outdoor garden pretty soon anyway.

13 Comments:

  1. Colleen Vanderlinden said...
    Hmm---I don't know. If it were January instead of March, it may have jumped in regardless of that $150 price tag :-)

    It's 50 degrees here today! Still too soggy for gardening, but we're getting close.
    Anthony said...
    Good point Colleen about it being March, maybe I need to do some more testing. :)
    The Cheap Vegetable Gardener said...
    Save $130 and just make a PC grow box but guess it is missing the cool aeroponics part...wonder how cheaply I can add that :)
    Anonymous said...
    A good place to keep an eye on for deals for the AeroGarden is at the AeroGarden owners forum where people share deals that they've found. I've seen people posting some great deals there.
    kellypea said...
    You know, I have that same problem at Target. I turn around to grab the toilet paper, and then notice a lovely new glass vase or 5 or 6 new novels have somehow appeared. Mysteriously. And I thought you already had one of these thingys. No?
    lisa said...
    Just finally got one off Ebay for @ $118.00...I can't WAIT to get it!!
    Anthony said...
    Good idea TCVGardener. But this is a shiny appliance and I can't resist shiny appliances. :)

    Thanks Victoria!

    Kelly,
    Nope, I'm just an Aerogarden stalker. I circle them in stores and take pictures. It's sad really. :)

    Lisa,
    Be sure to let me know how you like it.
    Anonymous said...
    Anthony, I guess it would look better on the counter. PC Grow box is pretty hideous and has to hide in the garage.
    Frederick Ingram said...
    You can use a 20% BBB coupon or maybe try the little $100 AeroGarden 3.
    Frederick Ingram said...
    Again with the "save $____ and do ________". . . While I like your PC grow box, it's really not equivalent. Can it grow seven plants? No. It looks like it can grow maybe two plants only half as tall, and half as fast, as the AG. So if you built four PC grow boxes, you would be kinda close but not really. Can you leave the PC grow boxes for a week or two w/o watering? I don't think so. I do think the PC grow box has potential, but as it stands it's like comparing a go-cart to a Corniche convertible.
    Anthony said...
    Hi fridrix,
    Yes, I love those those 20% coupons. But don't be so hard on the PC Grow Box. It looks like a fun project but I don't think it's really meant to be an Aerogarden replacement. Thanks for visiting.
    lisa said...
    Y'know...I gotta say I DO like it, so far...;-)
    Anthony said...
    Hi Lisa,
    More details please! How about an in depth post with freeze frame photos that span 2 months. :)

Post a Comment



The Compost Bin - Copyright 2006-2012 No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. | Privacy Policy | Google