We've Moved

Plum Newport Update

Way back in April I picked up a Plum Newport that was on sale at Lowes and I couldn't be happier with the purchase. I liked the dark red leaves that I knew it would someday have and thought that it would look nice in my mostly green landscape. I'm patient when it comes to trees, so I figured that it would take a few years for it to mature into something that looked like more than a stick in the ground. That's usually the case with most trees and shrubs that you find on sale.

I was nicely surprised when it flowered a month after I planted it. 4 years later, I'm still waiting for my Climbing Hydrangea to flower but this Plum Newport was nice enough to do it in a month.

And now, a few months later, there's lots of new growth on the tree. Don't get me wrong, it's not one of those miracle trees that claim to grow 3 feet a year in those shady advertisements. It's still a small shrub but I'm very happy with the few inches of new growth. I'm guessing that the tree likes where I planted it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



The Compost Bin - Copyright 2006-2012 No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. | Privacy Policy | Google