We've Moved

Apple Picking

Just recently took the kids apple picking. We packed up the minivan, picked up Grandma and drove up to New Paltz, NY. We have local apple picking about 5 minutes from my house but we decided to make a day out of it.

My daughter eats more apples out in the orchard than she picks to take home, but we still got enough for a few pies and maybe some apple turnovers. The best part of apple picking is the snacks. Who can resist the apple cider doughnuts that these places always offer. They also had roasted corn on the cob. That's something I wouldn't associate with apple picking but it was delicious none the less. I'm a big fan of apple butter too. Unfortunately they didn't have any at that day. But that's okay because like I said, there's a place near my house where I can get it.

This other apple picking place that we go to has hot apple cider doughnuts that they serve with a scoop of ice cream on top. Delicious!

Nothing beats a brisk autumn day, hot apple cider and apple cider doughnuts with the family. Oh yeah, apple picking is fun too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



The Compost Bin - Copyright 2006-2012 No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. | Privacy Policy | Google