We've Moved

June Hailstorm

Just when I think I've got the yard word under control mother nature decides that there's a lot more to do. Northern New Jersey was pummeled by a freak hailstorm yesterday that not only left several inches of ice on the ground but also shredded all of my plants and trees.

I took these pictures 4 hours after the storm when I got home from work and you can still see the ice in my yard. It was really weird to be outside in June and be able to see your frozen breath and we usually don't have ice on the pool toys.

Looks like I'm going to be pretty busy with the clean up for the next few days. Check out this local news video for more on this crazy weather.


























4 Comments:

  1. Colleen Vanderlinden said...
    Oh, your poor plants! Mother Nature can be a real pain in the ass sometimes.

    I hope things start getting easier for you and your garden. You've had a really crazy spring.
    Anthony said...
    Yes, it has been a crazy spring. I'll be thinking that exact thought when I'm leaf blowing the roof this weekend. :)
    SNJGardener said...
    Ouch! Fortunately in my area of southern NJ, I only got thunder in the evening and a half inch of overnight rain.

    http://snjgardener.blogspot.com/
    jean said...
    I live in Hillsdale but we didn't get the hail. We got two inches of rain instead. It was a wicked storm. The damage was really bad in some spots.

Post a Comment



The Compost Bin - Copyright 2006-2012 No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. | Privacy Policy | Google