We've Moved

Growing Figs

brown fig treeHave you ever gone to the nursery or a big box store and had a blackout? Happens to me all the time. When I wake up, I'm usually back at home with a car load of plants and no memory of how it happened. Well that's what I tell my wife anyway. But one of those mysterious plants that followed me home this year was a little fig tree.

I have a habit of buying plants that look like sticks. This adds to the need for the memory blackout explanation when my wife sees the price tags on these things.

"You wasted $15 on a stick, again!"
"No honey, I told you, I don't remember what happened. I might need an MRI."

Well this fig tree did great and as you can see it greened up nicely and grew to about three feet tall. The pot it's in has a 22" diameter to give you an idea of the size.

Now when my wife sees the fig tree she smiles because she loves figs. And eventually when the tree starts producing, she'll be able to go out to the yard and pick as many as she wants. Me on the other hand, I think figs are okay but I'd love to grow a Paw Paw Tree. And I just happen to know a website that sells them.

Whoa, I'm feeling a little woozy...

2 Comments:

  1. Chiot's Run said...
    I know what you mean. Check this out: http://chiotsrun.com/2008/07/28/mini-donzells-bad-idea/

    Only in this case Mr Chiots was the little devil on my shoulder, he said, "it's your birthday, buy 4 new hydrangeas". Now I have to figure out where to put them.
    Anonymous said...
    Hi Susy,
    Those are great looking hydrangeas. Now that you mention it, I could use a few more hydrangeas. :)

Post a Comment



The Compost Bin - Copyright 2006-2012 No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. | Privacy Policy | Google