We've Moved

Where Have I Been?


I've been raking leaves.

Sorry about the unannounced hiatus. A basement remodel and two computers needing repairs got the best of me. But I'm back now and holy cow, I've got a lot of leaves. I had better start drinking tons of coffee because it's going to take a good amount of coffee grinds to get that pile cooking. 10 feet by 5 feet sounded like a great size for a compost bin when I was setting it up. Oh well, I guess I'm going to be highly caffeinated until spring. At least I'll be able to stay up late and do a lot of blogging.

5 Comments:

  1. Katie said...
    Holy cow dude! If it wasn't so late in the year and nearly winter, I'd advise growing a cover crop so you have some greens/nitrogen to add to that pile.

    Or an electric leaf chipper works great too.

    Glad you're back.

    Katie from GardenPunks
    Anthony said...
    Hi Katie, I haven't been able to post but I've been reading. Thanks for keeping the garden blogging community buzzing with your comments about young bloggers. Good stuff!

    A cover crop is a good idea but like you said, it's too late in the season. Don't worry, I always find a way to get my piles cooking.
    Annie in Austin said...
    Anthony, do you have a coffee shop nearby? Some of the Starbucks will recycle the bags the coffee beans come in by filling them with used grounds for gardeners.

    On the other hand - those 2 AM posts may be interesting in a Hunter Thompson kinda way!

    Annie at the Transplantable Rose
    Stunned Donor said...
    Anthony,
    Welcome back to the blogosphere! Your tidy compost set up has inspired me to think about cleaning up my unruly pile(s).
    Anthony said...
    Annie,
    Are there people who DON'T live near a Starbucks now a days? :)

    Steven,
    Since my wife calls my compost bin "The Crap Box", I don't think she agrees with your tidy remark. But if you're feeling inspired, go for it. Makes spring cleanup easier when you do the work in the fall. :)

Post a Comment



The Compost Bin - Copyright 2006-2012 No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. | Privacy Policy | Google