We've Moved

Zombie Chickens


As a blogger who writes about composting, I have set up a Google news alert to notify me of any compost related news. Yes, it's sad but it's true. In the news today is an interesting article about zombie chickens.

It reports that when egg laying hens reach an age where they aren't as productive, the hens are being euthanized and then composted. Yikes! But the even scarier part is that the euthanizing process doesn't seem to be 100% effective because some "zombie chickens" rise up out of the compost piles.

Maybe it's time for me to get rid of the compost news alerts, but I definitely plan to keep a close watch on my compost bin.

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I've heard the saying "running around like a chicken with its head cut off", which I think refers to the fact that even when chickens get their heads cut off as the 1st step toward the oven, they can get loose and run around erratically, even without their heads! But zombie chickens in the compost bin... sounds like a "B" horror movie title, sure to become cult classic for gardeners.
    Anthony said...
    Carol, you're right it definitely sounds like a cult classic to me. But don't forget the upcoming sequel, "Headless Zombie Chickens".
    :)

Post a Comment



The Compost Bin - Copyright 2006-2012 No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. | Privacy Policy | Google